A Pathway to Success
Our conceptual program model is based on research and best practices, with gender-responsive strategies and approaches. We document and measure each girl's individual success with regular assessments to ensure positive and steady progress. Outcomes are measured and confirmed through personal goal achievement.
Gwen's Girls' service model addresses the whole girl. Our approach is based on the 10 Life Domains that are critical to a girl's development and future success:
- Health and Wellness
- Family Life
- Life Skills
- Leadership Development
- Female Awareness
- Community Service
- Cultural Enrichment
Through a comprehensive assessment, these life domains are translated into an individualized pathway plan that is developed in partnership with each girl, her family, Gwen's Girls staff and other involved agencies. Each girl's needs-based screening and assessment determines her comprehensive care model, including the intensity of services and which programs/services in our unique continuum of care will be provided.
All of our programs and services are designed to educate, involve and improve each girl's ability to achieve success as she faces a variety of challenges while growing and developing into adulthood:
- Prevention Services assist and empower girls in their home communities to realize their strengths, to build a pathway for success and to become part of their community
- Reunification Services facilitate the critical transition of girls from an out-of-home placement back into their family, school and community
- Clinical Services provide a mental health component
- After-School Program provides psycho-educational groups, activities and experiences in peer groups
- School Based & Community Based Services provide activities and psycho-educational groups through after-school and Saturday programs, peer groups and mother/daughter programs
- Summer Program provides structured education and recreation, workshops and field trips during an eight-week summer session
- Group Home is a residential facility for troubled and dependent girls, ages 13-21, with a specialty in pregnant and parenting girls and their babies
- Foster Care Program provides another continuum of care for girls and their siblings awaiting reunification, long-term foster care or adoption
- Volunteer/Mentor Programs offer many volunteer opportunities for both individuals and groups, including a one-on-one mentoring component
- Job Shadowing is a powerful way for girls to learn about the world of work. Going to a workplace and learning the daily responsibilities of an occupation not only teaches our girls the details of a career, it also reinforces the expectations of a professional environment.
- Training Department provides cost effective gender-responsive training to agencies and organizations that work with girls.